Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Happy Chinese New Year!

Happy Chinese New Year Everyone! =)
Ok, i know my doodle sucks. But I don't care!! It's still a good doodle! *haha*
It's the year of the Pig! So eat up and get fat!

My Chinese New Year always involves a lot of travelling. This year, traffic was alright on the way back home. But traffic was craaaawling while coming back here. Oh, and the woman beside me kept sucking her teeth that made this irritating *scheeet* sound. *Sheesh*, no manners at all!

Anyway, Chinese New Year is not an *all so happy* occasion for me.
I used to like it when i was young cuz my grandma had a sundry shop that had lots of sweets and my sis and I would stock up bags of sweets and eat them on our way back home! Oh! and not forgeting the fire crackers!

Now, i feel queasy whenever i'm back. All the gossipy aunties, fierce uncles, wild whinny cousins and the same old conversations that take place every year:

"Oh, what are you doing now?"
"Still studying?"
"Wah, so fast you grow up already"
"Next year graduate already?"
"Wah, grow up so fast already"
"So what is your sister doing?"
"You all stay together?"
"Still in Singapore ar?"
etc etc...

Anyway, stopping from all this negativity, this time round we celebrated our grandma's 80th Birthday!
*Happy Birthday AhMa!*

And during this Chinese New Year, my mom has been great! *haha* i think she's becoming more open minded as she ages. Although the nagginess has not changed. I hope I won't become a naggy person =P.

However, I think my dad is the total opposite of my mom! *sigh* And he's becoming more and more forgetful. I'd better start earning some money so that he can get a good rest.

So that's my CNY!
Shall doodle another time.

*Gong Xi Fa Cai* from,
MissLin

No comments: